A series of local, professionally run tournaments created in 2020 for the benefit of Colorado and neighboring states' teams & their young athletes, regardless of their affiliation.
Check below important announcement about our league replacing the tournament series for the 2020/21 season in line with Covid guidelines
Insured by JVA the Junior Volleyball Association or AAU the Amateur Athletic Union this unique Tournament Series and league is being organized by Spikes™ a JVA and AAU member Club with the help of other caring volleyball professionals that are also JVA and/or AAU registered members, all represented on an advisory board. We are pulling together for the benefit of ALL young athletes regardless of affiliations. No personal information needed from coaches nor athletes other than providing an accurate roster at time of registration.
The 2020/21 Spikes Colorado Series is cancelled due to COVID19 and is replaced by the COVID LEAGUE. See details and schedule below
Dear colleagues and friends,
now that we have had clarity as to what the Governor's office is allowing to happen for the HS volleyball season we want to make sure that our young athletes have the possibility to play, practice and compete within a safe and responsible environment up to March 1st when their HS season starts.
Since the rules from the Governor's office clearly state that no event with more than 50 people inside a building can take place we cannot have the Spikes Colorado Series of tournaments this season and all other privately organized tournaments including Crossroads under the actual guidelines cannot take place, however we have replaced it with the next best thing considering the situation we all find ourselves in.
Spikes Colorado Series for this season is launching the "COVID LEAGUE" (I know but we do need to stay positive don't we) in replacement to the tournaments which cannot be organized under the Governor's office rules without breaking those rules and deliberately putting everyone's health at risk.
Here are the FULL details including calendar/schedule:
- 4 Divisions (U13's/U14's Opal Div, U15's/U16's Emerald Div, U16's/U17's Sapphire Div and combined U17's/18's Diamond Div)
- Playing Saturdays only , 3 sets to 25 as per calendar/schedule below at our facility inside Word of Life, 8700 Park Meadows dr. Lone Tree, CO 80124
- All teams will play a guarantee 17 sets to 25, and all teams might also play another deciding set to 15
- Championship team trophy for 1st place
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- Paid professional referees - No team duties as line judges and score-keeping will be provided
- $790 per team (equivalent to $79 per player for a team with 10 players) for the 18 weeks Covid League season.
- Fees are insured and refunded on a prorated basis less $25 fee should the league be cancelled at any time and Spikes Colorado Series is unable to continue providing this service due to new Covid developments)
- First come first serve basis, enroll your team(s) today via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send a check payable to Spikes llc to:
PO Box 630622, Littleton, CO 80163
email confirms your interest - Received payment confirms your registration based on first come first serve basis
League starting September 26th and finishing on championship day February 27th (a week before HS season starts)
Here are a couple of points: 1) HS coaches will inherit players who have been playing and stayed active right up to the start of the HS season,
2) parents will have a clear schedule in hands knowing that their young athlete will be playing for 2 hours on that particular Saturday and so on.
Players, coaches and parents will enter through front door of building. Waivers will need to be filled in and signed by everyone entering the gym. Temperature and oxygen level will be taken prior to entering the gym. Players will not play with mask on unless the existing 30 day Governor's mandate is extended. Only 10 parents/spectators (NO SIBLINGS) allowed. Each team will occupy one side of the court, parents will have chairs provided and set 6 feet apart. Play balls will be cleaned between sets. Both teams and parents exit from back door as to not cross path with new teams and parents arriving for the next play time. Strictly no food nor drinks other than water. Exception given to players in need of sugary snack and kept in their bag.
JVA, AAU, USAV organizations as well as independent school coaches from Colorado, neighboring Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico and beyond are all welcome to have their team(s) participate in this series of 6 professionally organized tournaments.
Paid professional up officials/referees
Spikes™ Colorado Series medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Free entry for families, friends and fans
Free and adequate parking.
Mandatory AAU membership registration only for players and coaches participating in the 2 day Spikes™ Grand Prix Sanctioned by AAU.
Our fans are a real part of our team. Send us a message to cheer us on, or ask us a question about our tournament series and league. Contact our advisory board members directly by clicking on their action button below. We look forward to hearing from you, and we will get back to you soon.
Copyright © 2019 Spikes™Colorado Youth Tournament Series - All Rights Reserved.